Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword Skyview Temple Footage

With the Wii coming to the end of it's lifespan, there's no secret that with the lack of games being developed for the system, the biggest title on everyone's list is The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword.  Even if the Wii had piles upon piles of new releases coming out over the next few months, this would still be the case.  No one can resist the green tighted one on his never ending quest to save Princess Zelda and Hyrule in the process.  As much as I'm digging Twilight Princess, I really liked the style of Wind Waker and I dig the way Skyward Sword seems to be combining them.  The realistic looking Link stylized to the colorful art direction that serves the Wii best.

Personally, I would also like to see them get away a bit from the formula of the 3D Zelda games and go for a Link to the Past type of groove.  The fact that it's got the same director as the Gameboy Advance's Minish Cap is a good sign, as I thought that game caught a pretty decent LTTP vibe.

I gotta say, though, this footage below kind of feels like yet another Zelda temple, so I don't know how far they're gonna get from the norm.  I'm sure it'll still be funner than any other game coming out, so I won't complain too much.  Once again, though, I do like the style of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment