Tuesday, June 14, 2011

A Little More "No More Heroes"

I played a couple more levels of this most brutal of awesome games and gave it back to whom it was owned and came to a decision of my own. I must get this game. I know I can find it cheap online somewhere, so when I get a few extra spending dollars, this puppy is mine in all of it's "M" rated glory. The comparisons to Madworld are definitely there, but the difference is that after playing both games for the same amount of time, I was bored of Madworld and I wanted to keep on playing No More Heroes. Sure, the gameplay can get repetitive, the enemies are largely the same, mowing the grass as a mini game is a bit annoying, and if I were to ever meet Travis Touchdown in real life, I'd wanna kick is smart alec teeth down his throat; but there is something immensely satisfying about hacking your way through a throng of enemies with a lightsa... sorry, Beam Katana. The gameplay is flat out fun. And after defeating the third boss in the game, you started seeing a bit of an actual story emerge. Maybe our hero isn't as callous as he seems. Either way, after that, I had to hang it up and just wanted to keep playing. I'm also pretty keen on playing the sequel at some point, as it looks like in addition to more brutal No More Heroes' type mayhem, the mini games look retro fun.

Until then, I've re-begun an old Gamecube game I've had sitting around the house for a couple of years without really getting into. What a mistake that's been, because the game is Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door and it is awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment